Employment Classification: Management Group (Exempt Position) ~ $74,273
Reports To: Student Information Systems Manager
Location: Lakeshore Technical College • Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: Full-time year round contract
Flexible day/evening hours based upon needs of the college
Travel is required between the three colleges: WITC, LTC, and MSTC
Work with college teams to identify and establish tactical and strategic information requirements, develop and implement Business Intelligence (BI) strategies that utilize data warehouse systems to enhance business processes, and manage BI initiatives. Implement, and manage a large-scale BI infrastructure for the consortium of Wisconsin Indianhead, Lakeshore, and Mid-State technical colleges. Lead the development activities for BI solutions including a team of report developers, DBAs, data modelers, and business analysts; coordinate projects and tasks across multiple resources and functional areas, and oversee the design, development, testing, and deployment of ETL solutions, data warehouses, reporting solutions, and access needs.
• Oversee the activities in the design, development, and implementation of the data warehouse architecture and the configuration and auditing of the data warehouse to ensure efficiency and quality control of data.
• Work closely with data architects, application development, and BI staff to design and implement BI applications.
• Define and design the ETL architecture to optimize data from multiple sources and enhance report performance.
• Establish and oversee data validation processes, documentation of reports, and data definitions.
• Manage initiatives defined by BI Leadership and make recommendations to BI Leadership regarding software upgrades and enhancements.
• Manage daily operating procedures and system administration to ensure the BI infrastructure is operating as expected.
• Manage the reporting and analytic platforms to ensure that scheduled jobs are successfully run and analytic data aligns to timelines/completeness requirements.
• Lead the BI team to implement and maintain data governance in alignment with the college teams.
Planning and Project Management
• Develop and continuously refine the vision and roadmap for BI solutions that align with consortium strategic direction.
• Work with college teams and end users to ensure that the BI initiatives and solutions meet stakeholder needs.
• Accountable for BI strategies and plans in alignment with consortium goals.
• Responsible for maximizing technology, processes, and resources in providing BI strategies for the college teams.
• Ensure the timely, cost-effective implementation of high-quality projects.
• Provide leadership and technical guidance to analyze problems, identify system deficiencies, and implement corrective solutions.
• Provide progress activity reports.
• Maintain documentation system for administration, development, and support processes.
• Set standards and guidelines for BI development according to best practices and monitor adherence.
• Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Carry out managerial functions in accordance with LTC and college team policies to include: provide leadership and guidance to the BI Team members from the other colleges, coordinate with the appropriate managers at those colleges; provide supervision to the BI Team members; assist with the preparation and management of budgets; address staff and student issues in a timely and effective manner; advocate for the organization; serve on individual College Data Governance Team, if applicable; and serve on teams and committees as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field required.
• Minimum 5 years work experience in the BI/data warehouse field.
• Understanding of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions product is preferred.
• Training and/or certification on IBM Cognos or related system.
• Detailed knowledge of ETL, DMR, OLAP and associated best practices.
• Experience in project management and/or project coordination.
• Well-developed leadership skills with highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to investigate business problems, develop effective recommendations, negotiate and/or present solutions, and resolve problems in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple complex enterprise projects of high visibility and impact.
• Excellent self-management skills. Experience working independently with minimum supervision.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
• Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
• Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license required or access to reliable and flexible transportation to commute from one job site to another.
Health Insurance Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Vacation
Dental Insurance Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA) Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability Professional Development Flexible Spending Program
Life Insurance Tuition Reimbursement On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Holidays Wellness/Fitness Center
Beginning: Monday, April 8, 2019
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources.
Online Application URL: https://gotoltc.edu/ltc-hr/display-position.php?position=282